Welcome to our continuing series on what is Maximo, or at least, what is available for the vertical markets from IBM’s asset management solution. We’ve covered a few of the verticals over the last few months. This time, we’ll give our Maximo Cloud providers some love.
IBM Maximo Industry Solutions for Service Providers
IBM Maximo® for Service Providers helps manage assets for multiple customers in a single deployed instance.
IBM Maximo for Service Providers helps lower total cost of ownership and increase profitability and customer satisfaction by managing your customer’s assets either through third-party outsourcing or internally shared services model.
- Provide detailed and accurate billing with a review and approval cycle.
- Reduce TCO by leveraging a single deployed instance to manage multiple customers.
- Improve efficiency of service delivery with automatic notification and automatic assignments.
- Manage multiple customers with many physical locations and provide unique customer agreements and rules to define entitlement of services and pricing.
- Automatically bill your customers for recurring fees, for asset management, and asset usage.
- Based on leading standards-based technology: web-architected platform built on J2EE with advanced business process management, based on SOA, web services and XML.
- Billing Functionality
- Customer Agreements
- Response Plans
- Multi-Customer Operation
- Interactive, Action Based Workflows
- Versatile Reporting Engine
- BenefitsRich functionality allows for multiple billing methods across managed assets and services.
- One repository for data such as a listing of the Services you will provide to your customers; the SLAs to provide them; the prices that will be charged and the ability to monitor the process around delivering these services.
- Functionality includes the ability to automatically assign the appropriate person or team responsible for handling each request, will select the appropriate job plan or template to accomplish the requested work, will notify the appropriate individuals about the work in process, and will determine the next steps that are needed.
- Complete segregation of customer data. Provides the ability to run multiple customers on one instance.
- Comprehensive engine allowing you to automate service delivery.
- Report tooling includes canned reports, Key Performance Indicators displayed on a dashboard, Ad Hoc Query functionality and a query wizard allowing users to define and schedule their own reports.
- Gives a service provider visibility into all of the costs of maintaining assets and providing services. Provides transparency for the customer into their usage of those assets and services.
- Documentation of the services that will be performed for the customer. Entitlement checks against these agreements allowing you to ensure the Customer is entitled to that service under the requested conditions, and, most importantly, the prices that will be charged for the services provided.
- Provides for a smooth and consistent response to any request from customers. Provides visibility for Service Provider mgmt and the customer on the progress of the response.
- Reduced cost for maintenance and upkeep.
- Ensures consistency of service delivery and process management.
- Provides Service Provider management with in depth results on their business.