Doing a quick search for Maximo will bring up all types of results. Did you know that there’s a game and a band named Maximo? It’s even a first name.
But to us in the Asset Management world, it means business. All types of business. Maximo isn’t just one system: It actually has components structured specifically for particular industries. Over the next few posts, I’ll be talking about some of the different aspects of our favorite EAM.
Maximo Gonzalez can help you with your flat back swing. He probably can’t help you with your facilities management
IBM Maximo Strategic Asset & Service Management Solutions
IBM Maximo Asset Management
IBM Maximo Asset Management is an integrated productivity tool and database that helps you manage all your assets types on a single software platform. Built in a service-oriented architecture (SOA), Maximo Asset Management delivers a comprehensive view of all assets types, their conditions and locations, and the work processes that support them, to provide you with optimal planning, control, audit and compliance capability.
The maximo database provides critical information about asset resources, including key attribute, their configuration, and their physical and logical relationships to other resources.
By using Maximo Asset Management user interface, you can establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor asset conditions and trigger automated action based on changes. You can create, assign, monitor, notify, and report on key process components such as work orders, service desk tickets, and purchase orders, including status, from start to finish. You can also include attachments, such as maps, pictures, and URLs to each record or task to enhance communication and productivity further.
Consisting of six key modules Maximo enables companies to successfully manage assets and their associated services, including production equipment, facilities and transportation assets; all in full alignment with their business objectives.
- Manage all of your asset deployment, specifications, monitoring, calibration, costing and tracking from a single system.
- Manage your vendor contracts with comprehensive contract management support for purchase, lease, rental, warranty, rate, master, blanket and user-defined contracts.
- Comprehensive maintenance work management solution for planned and unplanned activities including long- and short-term planning, preventive, reactive and condition-based maintenance, schedule management, resource optimization and key performance indicators.
- Define service offerings and establish service level agreements (SLAs) to help align service levels with business objectives.
- Plan inventory to meet maintenance demand precisely, making the right parts available at the right location when needed.
- Scalable service oriented architecture with a flexible business process configuration platform that adapts to your changing business requirements and easily connect with the rest of your enterprise systems.
- While traditional CMMS systems focus on maintenance, Maximo Asset Management is an Enterprise Asset Management system that provides comprehensive support for your asset, maintenance, resource and parts supply chain management needs.
Over the coming months, I’ll touch on some of the industry specific IBM Maximo solutions
Kat Pullen is a Convergence Specialist at DataSplice, LLC, a mobile computing company founded in 2001 to deliver handheld technology to Maximo users in the field. Working as a freelance graphic designer, she originally took on a contract with DataSplice in 2004, and the rest, as they say, is history. As a “Convergence Specialist” she is a jack of all trades in the company, but has settled back into the world of sales and marketing.