Welcome to our continuing series on what is Maximo, or at least, what is available for the vertical markets from IBM’s asset management solution. We’ve covered a few of the verticals over the last few months. Did you realize that there is a specific IBM Maximo product for city, municipal, state, province and national users? Read more!
IBM Maximo Industry Solutions for Government
IBM Maximo® for Government addresses requirements unique to federal government contracting and personal property management.
Provides a “government-driven” view of assets and helps address regulatory requirements unique to federal government contracting and personal property management.
- Create a holistic view of current property ownership, stewardship, location and status, enabling visibility into the entire asset lifecycle.
- Facilitate higher asset performance and mission readiness.
- Better manage risk and compliance with government, environmental and safety regulations.
- Drive accountability and governance through increased visibility and control of assets.
- Enable system consolidation and a “government-driven” view from a single platformAdditional bullets (optional).
- Based on leading standards-based technology: web-architected platform built on J2EE with advanced business process management, based on SOA, web services and XML.
- Industry specific capabilities
- Rational consolidation
- Internet architecture
- Risk Management
- Provides industry specific capabilities to support Government requirements, such as contracts, personal property, and Unique Identification (UID) Compliance.
- Allows organizations to consolidate multiple asset management solutions for fleet, facilities, production and IT assets into a single platform and database.
- Provides a standards based, Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) certified platform that is Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) enabled.
- Supports compliance with government regulatory requirements such as FAR part 45 and DFAR 252.211 – 7003.
- Aligns with the business needs and provides a greater fit out-of-the-box.
- Lowers total cost of ownership for IT departments while providing a common platform for all EAM users.
- Easy to use and easy to learn solutions that integrate easily with other SOA applications.
- Allows organizations to track regulatory compliance of assets.